Saturday, January 13, 2007

Earrings and horse heads


These are the earrings that Ruth Perry put on the tatting calendar. I have been wanting to do some earrings and figured that these would be a good start. I did them in size 8 pearl cotton.






I think I have the horses head shape figured out (on the left). I put beads in for the mane and for the eye. The one on the right I had to add thread and I guess I didn't do it quite right for it gave me a funny look. I like the beads for it gives it a little more dimension. Just have to figure out how to fill in the negative space in the middle of it's head.

2 comments:

SCTATTER said...

Would you share the pattern for the tatted horse head? I have a friend that loves horses and I would like to tat a pair for her.
Thanking you in advance,
Karen
sctatter@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Well said.