Friday, April 25, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
I haven't been tatting much lately or blogging. My system was messed up and it took forever to log on for anything. I think I have my system fixed. Here is a picture of some horse heads that I did for my aunt that loves green and horses. She loves them.
I may not have been doing much tatting lately, but I have been crocheting. I have been making horse cooling blankets. I have made 4 blankets and working on a 5th one. I will post pictures of them when I get them on to my computer.
Next is a picture of my mother's first foal of 2008. It is a purebred Paso Fino and is just a day old in this picture. He is going to be a buckskin.
Hopefully now I can do more blogging.
That's all for now.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
It is a good thing the ones my youngest picked out are actually quite fast for me to do. I will probably have the mirror image done tomorrow once I get started on it. The other one may take a little longer. I haven't really looked at the pattern yet.
There was a question brought up on Here-be-tatters chatline about what inspired one to tat. Well, I first saw a pair of candle stick frills that I thought were crochetted. Well I really liked them and I had to figure out how to do them. I have done them a few times now and I will do them again for I really like them. I will have to take a picture and then post one of them on some candles. They do not scann too well when they are frilly and I do not have a digital camera yet, but, Christmas is comming.(hope,hope)
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Well my shoulder is better and I was able to get some scans of the doilies I had finished. They are blocked and ready. I also tried to design a horse by combining 2 different patterns to try to make one. My vision is able to be seen, but not quite right, but for the first attempt at it, it at least resembles a horse somewhat.
I was using up threads on my shuttles. Now all's I have to do is either write out the pattern or try it again with the revisions I have in mind, like smaller circle for the hind quarters and changing the chest and back legs some.
I scanned both doilies 2wice to see the difference a background could make. It really makes a difference in the look of both doilies. The Daffodil doily is from the May 1962 issue of Workbasket . The Rose Doily is from the February-March 1963 issue of the Workbasket by Myrtle M. Hamilton.
The daffodil doily is done in yellow and blue varagated threads from Rubi Brillante size 10/2.I am going to give this one to my Aunt for Christmas. I think she will really enjoy and appreciate it. She really likes anything hand made and in the colors of blue.
I feel safe sharing this, for she doesn't have a computer to view or read any of this.
I am not sure what I am going to do with this one yet. I am considering mounting it on some velvet and framing it. I have some black velvet and it really looks sharp with the black background. I have to think some more on this one.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Here is what the needle lace butterfly looks like after it has been blocked. Made a big difference in how it looks.
Since doing the butterflies, I have been tatting doilies. I have done a daffodil doily, but I have to wash and block and take pictures of it before I can show it. I don't want to wreck the daffodils for they are 3D from the doily.
I am currently working on a rose doily in size 30 sulky thread. First time using this thread, broke a few threads with ring and chain stitches too tight, but am enjoying the challenge of watching my tension. Going is slow on it though for I hurt my shoulder on Monday and can only do things in short spurts so not to aggitate the shoulder. Will post a picture of it as well when it is done and blocked.
Monday, August 20, 2007
Friday, August 17, 2007
Next is a varagated yellow and purple butterfly done in pearl cotton size 8. It measures 4"x5" as well. This is also Martha Ess' Green Butterfly.
This is the "Forever Young" doily of Terry Dusenbury's. I did it in size 10 Southmaid Crochet cotton and measures 12 inches in diameter. I gave it to my Aunt for a thank you. She really liked it for it was done in a shade of green.
This is a picture of my daughters blouse that I made for her with the tatted edging I also made. I used the clover and chain type edging and for the neckline I added a round of chain to hold the neckline. The neck hole was just a little too large for her. Once I got the neckline done, she asked if I could put some edging on the sleeves. The picture doesn't do it much justice, but when she has it on, it looks really nice.
Well off to start another project. My oldest wants to learn to X-stitch and tat. Will have to see if I have the patience to teach her or just give her the book I learned from.;-) Time will tell. At least she is not left handed like my other daughter.